Parent/Teacher Conference and Birthday

I had a Parent/Teacher Conference for Abigail at Daycare yesterday. We had to say goodbye to Ms. Sincere' and Miss Katrina from her Toddler B class. I hope Ms. Shayla and Ms. Morgan in Twos know what they are in for, especially when Nora Layne (Abigail's best friend) moves up next week. Here are some things I learned about her:

She knows some colors -- I knew this one already. She gets the color right about half of the time, especially if it's Yellow, Purple or Green -- apparently those are her favorites.

She can count to ten, sort of. She skips 1 and has to count with you, but some times, she would say the number before I did.

She can sing the ABC song. Of course, she doesn't get every letter correct (for example, "G" is "C" and "LMNOP" is gibberish ... "P!"), but she knows the tune and tries to say every letter.

Also, she is working on potty training in her new class. They are taking her to the potty every hour and they said she is doing really well. She hasn't done anything yet, but she will sit there and doesn't fuss. They said that is a huge step because some kids don't even want to sit.

Well, her birthday is next Wednesday and we have a very busy weekend planned. Thursday night, we are taking her to her first Alabama game - that should be fun! Friday, we are going to Montgomery with Dustin for a CLE and we've got to figure out something to occupy us - maybe the Zoo. We are spending the night down there Friday night and then Saturday, it's her birthday party!!!! The theme is Dora and I hope everyone can come and we will all have a great time! I hope the weather is as warm as it is this coming weekend and we can have the tables and food set up in the garage without any problem -- so everyone can have a place to sit and eat. And next year (yes, I'm already planning), I think we are going to have her party at a Inflatable Place -- like Kidz Time in Boaz or Pump It Up in Trussville.

Comments

  1. I cant believe she has grown so much...sorry we wont make it to her party. I will see what I can do about hanging out with her one day when you guys are up. HAPPY BIRTHDAY big girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Granddaddy's Cowgirl

Happy 2nd Birthday, Abigail Kait!!!