9 Months Old!!

Abigail is now 9 months old!! She had her 9 month check-up today and she is doing well. She weighs 18 pounds, 14 ounces (50th percentile). She is 28 inches tall (70th percentile). Her head circumference is 17 inches (25th or 30th percentile). The doctor was really impressed with all the things she is doing now. She doesn't go back to the doctor until she is 1 year old!!!

Here are some things she is doing now:
  • Abigail started Day Care last week and she loves it. We hated having to say goodbye to her babysitter, Holly, and we were worried that she wouldn't like it. But so far, she loves it! She didn't cry any last week when I dropped her off, but she has cried both days this week. I was assured that she didn't cry for long yesterday and today, she stopped crying before I was gone. She has even learned to do a few things at day care that I will list later.
  • Pulling up on everything she can find, including the tub, toilet, your legs.
  • Standing up on her own. She can now stand up straighter, for longer periods of time.
  • Crawling all over the place. She will crawl with one knee on the ground scooting around, while the other leg is completely off the ground with only her toes touching to push her around.
  • Clapping. After being at Day Care for one week, she has already started clapping! Now, she will stand up straight and tall and then clap for herself.
  • Walking with a push toy. One her first day of Day Care, I called up to check on her and the teacher told me that she took a couple of steps while walking behind and pushing a walker-like toy. So, we've had to get Nanny and Papa's to have at the house for her to practice with.
  • She is ready to eat table food. Hopefully, we will be able to try that out tonight. The doctor said just to give her (basically) whatever we are eating, so hopefully that will work out great.
  • If I haven't mentioned it before, Abigail has a new favorite "friend" from TV. On Noggin, between the cartoons, Moose A. Moose comes on and does various things. Abigail can be anywhere in the house and hear Moose come on and she practically runs to the living room to see him. He sings two songs that she loves: "We're Gonna Take a Trip" and "Everywhere I Go." She gets so excited to see/hear Moose.
Well, I can't think of anything else right now, but I will update if I think of more. She is learning so much, so quickly. I can't believe that she is almost a year old!! Time to start planning her birthday party!

I will post pictures soon. I have some on my camera, but they haven't been uploaded. Thanks for sharing in our little girl's accomplishments! :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Granddaddy's Cowgirl

Happy 2nd Birthday, Abigail Kait!!!